BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MichalRa
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I'm using a Operating System Services to scheduling my jobs. I've got two questions about this operation.

1)
I create flow using Schedule Manager.  After that I select Properties of created flow. In Job Properties tab I can't change anything and in Attributes tab I can only check/unchceck "Save the layout of the flow in the flow editor". Other fields are inactive. 

Is that a feature of Operating System Services or there is something wrong with my account, permissions, etc.?

2).
Is there any option to schedule my flow at certain two (or more times), e.g. today at 10:00, 10:30, 11:30, 14:30 and 16:00? I can click Manage, add five "New Time Event", but scheduler execute only one event.

Regards,
Michal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
These are both limitations of the Operating System Services scheduler. The Distributed In-Process Services Scheduling Server and Platform Process Manager (if licensed) will allow you to use multiple triggers and use the options in the attributes and job properties tabs of the flow.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

1) I don't have the necessary rights at my current site to verify. But I think that these attributes are set when you schedule your flow. So my gues is that you can affect them if you re-schedule.

2) Again, can't verify this. But if you are in UNIX/Linux, according to documentation there's a limitation for one time event.

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/scheduleug/n1o3cjnb5noqu1n1cqb58vqsy161.htm#p02vvg7c0...

Data never sleeps
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
These are both limitations of the Operating System Services scheduler. The Distributed In-Process Services Scheduling Server and Platform Process Manager (if licensed) will allow you to use multiple triggers and use the options in the attributes and job properties tabs of the flow.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation