BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
senu188
Quartz | Level 8

hi,

What all servers are created in sas mangement console server manager after installing sas and sas config metadata server, after installing sas in compute server  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Yes it appears in your case you have configured a connect spawner to run on your Metadata tier, as well as the Platform Process Manager scheduling server. Operating System Services is a scheduling server configured on the compute tier as it is launched by an Object Spawner.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
This would be dependent on what is set up to be configured in your plan file by the Meta and Compute tier steps, but you'd typically see the SASMeta and SASApp application server contexts and their associated servers (Metadata Server(s), (Logical) Workspace Server, Pooled Workspace Server, Stored Process Server, DATA Step Batch Server, Grid Server (if a Grid deployment), an Object Spawner, the WIP Data Server and scheduling servers.
--
senu188
Quartz | Level 8
Hi,

Ok usually what all will servers will be in compute server and meta data server. Right now I installed and configured metada. I installed software in application but configured . I installed third software . Please see the screen shot SMC

senu188
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Ok usually what all will servers will be in compute server and meta data server. Right now I installed and configured metada. I installed software in application but configured . I installed third software  . Please see the screen shot SMC

senu188_0-1607628517880.png

senu188
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Ok usually what all will servers will be in compute server and meta data server. Right now I installed and configured metada. I installed software in application but not configured . I installed third software LSF and platformmanger . Please see the screen shot SMC

senu188_0-1607628574220.png

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

The configuration process is what adds things to Metatdata, which is what you see in SAS Management Console. If you have not configured your compute tier yet that would explain why nothing is in there. The components I mentioned before are what usually appears there.

--
senu188
Quartz | Level 8
Hi

So only content spawner related to meta data server all other what you mention are application server? What about operating services server
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Yes it appears in your case you have configured a connect spawner to run on your Metadata tier, as well as the Platform Process Manager scheduling server. Operating System Services is a scheduling server configured on the compute tier as it is launched by an Object Spawner.
--

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation