BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
achilleask
Calcite | Level 5

Hi to all SAS community users,

While using SAS Environment Manager, I found a report SAS Viya Inventory that was not working. When I opened it, I got the error "Cannot find the requested data source" for tables SASVIYAINVENTORY and SASVIYATYPES. Are there any steps to fix this issue ? I attached a zip file with 2 screenshots ,which maybe helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Achilleas Karavas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ronf_sas
SAS Employee

Hi.  The inventory report is not enabled out-of-the-box.  There are some steps you must take to publish the data for these tables.  If at one time you had enabled this report and it was working, you might want to contact SAS Technical Support.  If you have never published the data for this report, then the errors you are seeing are expected and do not indicate a problem.

See this SAS Communities article for more information:  Viya Inventory CLI and Reports - SAS Support Communities

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
Can you please provide some more details. We need to know what viya version you are using. If you are using SAS Viya for Learners that is Viya 3.5.
If you have screenshots please insert them in the post as images. Most participants in this forum, myself included, will not open attached zip-files because of security risks. That includes other attached file-types.
achilleask
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your reply. Version is  SAS Viya 3.5 installed on Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.3. I understand your concern for zip files, thus I attached the following images :

Screenshot 2023-08-13 153449.pngScreenshot 2023-08-13 153412.png

ronf_sas
SAS Employee

Hi.  The inventory report is not enabled out-of-the-box.  There are some steps you must take to publish the data for these tables.  If at one time you had enabled this report and it was working, you might want to contact SAS Technical Support.  If you have never published the data for this report, then the errors you are seeing are expected and do not indicate a problem.

See this SAS Communities article for more information:  Viya Inventory CLI and Reports - SAS Support Communities

achilleask
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you @ronf_sas !!! I didn't notice if this report was working before, but I think not, because we never ran the steps you provided. I will follow these steps and I'll send a feedback !!!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation