BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mkiran
Obsidian | Level 7

We are on SAS 9.4 M8 (Windows)and I have multiple environments, on production I see the below SASStudio reconnect message every now and then but I could find any errors/warnings on SAS studio logs both on server.log and SASLogon9.4.log and SASStudioMidTier3.82.log. This reconnect messages are bothering users even though they are not losing any work/results.

Verified the user workstation VPN connections and no drops/reconnects. Also checked event logs on Midtier machine and no traces of any network issues

Can you suggest if I am missing something in the troubleshooting and how to resolve this.

mkiran_0-1709047022746.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @mkiran 
I suggest you work with network team to make sure that there is no network congestion on production server network interface.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
How do you connect to the network?
- cable or wifi (2.4 or 5GHz) or ???
Which browser are you using?
- try a different browser or a private/incognito window to see if that makes a difference. If you are using chrome some extensions cause issues (they may disappear when using incognito windows).
mkiran
Obsidian | Level 7

we are connecting through Wifi 5GHz and yes tried with incognito/private windows and didn't make any difference.

Our org dont allow to install third-party extensions for security , currently I only have "SWIFT Assist Launcher" and google docs offline extensions enabled and I dont think these are causing any issues.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If this is just a problem with your Production SAS, I'd focus on trying to understand why this should be different to your other environments. If is only Production, then I think you can discount it being caused by client PCs. A more likely scenario is network glitches. Has it always been like this or is it something that has only started occuring?

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @mkiran 
I suggest you work with network team to make sure that there is no network congestion on production server network interface.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation