BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
arkam
Calcite | Level 5

I am in the process of installing SAS Viya and have reached chapter 5 of the linux installation guide "Post-Installation Tasks". When I try to access the link to reset password e.g. https://xx.xxx.x.xxx/SASLogon/reset_password?code=tvUm5QnPbB 

I get This site can’t be reached xx.xxx.x.xxx took too long to respond error. 

I tried using Linux "links" open source browser and when I try to access the SASLogon URL from Linux I get "SSL Error"

Any ideas? I have kept the default certificates and have confirmed that certificate exists in the /etc/pki/tls/certs/localhost.crt directory.

I have also confirmed the status of viya service and all of them are up.

5 REPLIES 5
alokdave
SAS Employee

Hi Arkam,

Assuming that all SAS Viya services are up on all all machines of your environment, what you could do is:

On the application hosting your Apache HTTP, run hostname -f. Go to your client machine and using a terminal or command prompt run nslookup <hostname -f> and see if the name resolution works. Also test if there is no firewall blocking connection to the server. 

If it works and If you have not enabled redirection from Port 80 to 443 in your Apache configuration; you can try accessing insecure mode using URL such as  http://xx.xxx.x.xxx/SASLogon

You can also perform the last test using links. Once this is complete we can troubleshoot SSL. Let me know how you go with this. 

arkam
Calcite | Level 5

I had to switch off the firewall running on the server and now it works. However I am not sure if this is the right approach?

Also, when I access Environment manager I see an error pop up

"An Error Occurred Requesting the CAS management service. Contact your system administrator.".

I can click on close and continue to the environment but I am not sure if this error is indicating some bigger issue which will cause my applications to not function properly.

alexal
SAS Employee

@arkam ,

I would like to review the most recent log file from /opt/sas/viya/config/var/log/cas-management/default directory.

arkam
Calcite | Level 5

Attached. thanks!

alokdave
SAS Employee

Hi,

Rather then disabling the firewall service completely, you can work with your enterprise security team to add appropriate exceptions to the firewall service as outlined in the SAS Viya 3.4 Deployment Guide.

For your CAS Management Service error, I would recommend you to contact SAS Technical Support Team as they would be able to resolve your issue more quickly. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation