BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
UVakkalagadda
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

Recently we faced one strange issue that is all of sudden SAS Web applications stopped working. when I check the sas.servers script all services are up and running. When I open the Web URLs getting the following error. "This page can't be displayed. Make sure the web address  https:// XXXXX is correct ". We verified all SAS web services logs  but didn't find the root cause. We restarted all SAS web service then it worked. But we need to know what is the root cause for this issue.

When we check the WebServer logs under the below path "/opt/sas/config/Lev1/Web/WebServer/logs/error.log" found the below error message.

-----------------------------------------------------------

[error] server is within MinSpareThreads of MaxClients, consider raising the MaxClients setting
[error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xx] client denied by server configuration: proxy:balancer://abc..xyz_Cluster1/SASLogon/login
[error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xx] client denied by server configuration: proxy:balancer://abc..xyz_Cluster2/SASStudio
[error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xx] client denied by server configuration: proxy:balancer://abc..xyz_Cluster12/SASVisualAnalytics
[error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xx] client denied by server configuration: proxy:balancer://abc..xyz_Cluster7/SASVisualScenarioDesigner
[error] (502)Unknown error 502: proxy: pass request body failed to 12x.xxx.xxx.xx:9543 (abc..xyz)
[error] [client 12x.xxx.xxx.xx] proxy: Error during SSL Handshake with remote server returned by /SASVisualAnalyticsTransport/onebi/services/getFavorites
[error] (502)Unknown error 502: proxy: pass request body failed to 12x.xxx.xxx.xx:9543 (abc..xyz)
[error] proxy: pass request body failed to 12x.xxx.xxx.xx:9543 (abc..xyz) from 12x.xxx.xxx.xx ()
[error] [client 12x.xxx.xxx.xx] proxy: Error during SSL Handshake with remote server returned by /SASVisualAnalyticsTransport/onebi/services/getUserCapabili
[error] proxy: pass request body failed to 12x.xxx.xxx.xx:9543 (abc..xyz) from 12x.xxx.xxx.xx ()
[error] (502)Unknown error 502: proxy: pass request body failed to 12x.xxx.xxx.xx:8443 (abc..xyz)
[error] [client 12x.xxx.xxx.xx] proxy: Error during SSL Handshake with remote server returned by /SASLogon/v1/tickets
[error] proxy: pass request body failed to 12x.xxx.xxx.xx:8443 (abc..xyz) from 12x.xxx.xxx.xx ()
[notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be great if you provide any thoughts for this issue.

Uday
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Galen
Obsidian | Level 7

Should it happen again, I would encourage you to open a Tech Support request as there are several potential reasons for the behavior you are describing.  Also, I'm assuming this is SAS 9.4 and not the Viya Platform.  A couple of other things you could check, assuming 9.4, is that the activemq process is alive and that the gemfire logs don't show "crashed mbrs".   Either of those conditions would leave the web applications running but not fully functional.  Fortunately, these tend to be fairly rare occurrances.  There are other service related conditions that Tech Support should be able to help you track down when it's happening.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Looks to me like too many clients were connected to your SAS WebServer. See this link for full explination: https://serverfault.com/questions/494550/minsparethreads-of-maxclients-consider-raising-the-maxclien...

This would also tell you why restarting the server solved the issues, because all clients get disconnected during shut down.

UVakkalagadda
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your response, I saw this link earlier. In our case we have around 350 users presented in SAS Metadata. And the MaxClient connections are set to 1024 at server level.

Uday
Galen
Obsidian | Level 7

Should it happen again, I would encourage you to open a Tech Support request as there are several potential reasons for the behavior you are describing.  Also, I'm assuming this is SAS 9.4 and not the Viya Platform.  A couple of other things you could check, assuming 9.4, is that the activemq process is alive and that the gemfire logs don't show "crashed mbrs".   Either of those conditions would leave the web applications running but not fully functional.  Fortunately, these tend to be fairly rare occurrances.  There are other service related conditions that Tech Support should be able to help you track down when it's happening.

UVakkalagadda
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Galen, I am going to open a track with SAS. thanks guys for your inputs.

Uday

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation