BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
K-I
Calcite | Level 5 K-I
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

When I run proc setinit; run;

I get some of interesting packages there.

Wonder if somebody can explain what are these packages and why they are used for, because was not able to google them 🙂

OR OPT
OR PRS
OR IVS
OR LSO
Unused OLAP Slot
External function linking system

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

> Wonder if somebody can explain what are these packages and why they are used for

The short answer is that you don't need to worry about them. Because many products at SAS use optimization as part of their computations, the optimization routines are not distributed in one monolithic chunk. Instead, the functionality is "packaged" into smaller chunks so that SAS/STAT, SAS/IML, data mining, and other products can consume only the pieces that they need.  You can think of these "packages" as self-contained units that address certain types of optimization problems.

I don't know the complete details, but, for example, OR OPT might contain the bulk of linear and nonlinear optimization routines. LSO means "local search optimization," which is nowadays known as "black-box optimization." The others are associated with other sub-areas of optimization.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation