BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi all,

We have a customer that has Citrix 4.6 installed on a Windows Server 32 bits (yes, I know, it's a very old configuration) and SAS 9.3.

For those users who has Windows 32-bits on their laptops, they access Citrix by URL and the connection works fine (speed and normal response to use SAS). For the others users that have Windows 64-bits on their laptops, the access to the same Citrix Server (using the same URL) is very slow, the screen freeze all the time and it's almost impossible to work with SAS or any other application.

There is any know issue about this kind of configuration? None of the users, running Windows 32 or 64-bits, have the Citrix Server Presentation Client for 32 bits installed on their laptops. If they install it will resolve this issue? Any suggestion to resolve the slow access meanwhile a new SAS installation is requested?

Regards,

Regards, 

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The way you describe this slowness problem, that it is not only SAS but any application on Citrix being accessed from 64-bit Windows, I would point the finger at Citrix. I suggest you follow up with Citrix Tech Support as I doubt there is anything SAS can do for you.

In the future you may want to consider newer options like Enterprise Guide or SAS Studio running on laptops over VPN for example. You would need to upgrade to SAS 9.4 for SAS Studio.

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi @SASKiwi,

Yes, I know it's probably not a SAS problem (the only application available on Citrix Server is SAS). But maybe some SAS user already experimented this issue.

Regards,

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@MariaD - I've moved your post to Admin & Deploy as you are likely to get more responses in this forum.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation