BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASJR1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi guys,

I have a situation here where by the SAS object spawner disconnects all active session every night, any susgestions for the root cause of this?

Regards.

7 REPLIES 7
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Does it disconnect every session at the same time (suggesting something external severing connections)? What appears in the Object Spawner log?
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
SASJR1
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes it does...
what do mean for external severing connection?
as for logs "sessions disconnected"...

i can not share everything as the logs contain some important data of the server.
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Is it possible that the Object Spawner is being restarted overnight? That would cause the disconnection.

SASJR1
Obsidian | Level 7
@Nigel_Pain you mean that it be the object spawner is restarted over night?

with even that how will I know if it is restarted over night? maybe a crontab or its the embedded restart....
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
If all sessions disconnect at the same time, it means this is not something specific to an individual session like a session timeout, but something scheduled. This could be a network appliance breaking those TCP sessions, or as @Nigel_Pain mentioned, stopping the Object Spawner process.
--
SASJR1
Obsidian | Level 7
so lets say it happens that its the Network appliance breaking those TCP sessions - what do I do for that?

or

its the Object spawner being stopped/restarted at night - where/what can I change?
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
If it is a network appliance, your network administrator should be able to help identify what is severing the sessions if you tell them the hosts / networks the connections are between and the time the connections are severed.

If the Object Spawner is being shut down and started again you should be able to see that in the Object Spawner log, the connections closing would probably be near the last thing in the log before it ends and a new log is created. The Object Spawner log file name includes the process ID and date/time the log was created, so you can look for the process ID changing in the log file names, which would suggest a restart.
--

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation