BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Chery
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I have created custom folder structure on SAS metadata through SMC and applied security model. In those folders one of them is Data(HDFS). Can I link this folder to HDFS ( hadoop ) path?. The Data(HDFS) folder location should be on HDFS ? will it possible or not? . Please advise.

Thanks,

Cherry.

2 REPLIES 2
john_mccue
SAS Employee

Hi Chery,

First question that I have is do you have Access to Hadoop, and what security model is in place that you are referencing.  In theory, yes you can define HDFS libraries in your metadata for data libraries, but need more information to help configure it correctly.

Regards,

Q

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
No you can't link it per se.
Metadata folders are different than physical folders. They are merely placeholders to group meta data objects logically and can be used for authorization purposes.
But you can manually place your meta data objects that corresponds to physical objects in a specific path in hdfs. There is no meta data object for a physical file path (that I know of...) But if you refer to as @john_mccue suggests Hive tables, the Hive library is a meta data object itself.
Since there is no linking functionality you might want to register new meta data as an automated process, which could be accomplished via proc metalib.
Data never sleeps

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation