BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pearlsismail
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I need some help about SAS license expiration. I am working remotely for a client, I got a warning message at the sas log indicating that I have to renew my sas license by 11th of this August. I have raised a request for the update in my organization.

However, I would like to know, what will happen if the software is not renewed in time. After Expiration, How/Whom can I ask for the renewal?

Please revert 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
sandykota
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Pls contact SAS Software representative at https://support.sas.com/adminservices/contact.html

ballardw
Super User

Depending on which message you are getting there may be a grace period of a few days after the expiration date that SAS will continue to run. The log will be full of warnings that you are in the grace period if there is one.

After the grace period expires you basically will not be able to run any SAS work, data step, procedures, anything. Every attempt wll get a "license expired" of some flavor.

Best, contact SAS and get the license renewed.

Regina_SAKURA
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

and will any warning/error message be displayed in the SAS CI? Or after the grace period it will just stop working, and regular CI business user will be surprised?

Many thanks.

alexal
SAS Employee

@Regina_SAKURA ,

I've moved your new topic to the CI community.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation