BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vorkady
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi

Power BI hosted on cloud has power BI gateway to establish connectivity with the on prem data sources.  Is it possible to leverage power BI gateway to connect Viya 4.0 to on prem data sources. Please advise if SAS has any other API to establish on prem data sources.

5 REPLIES 5
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Feels like you are looking for SAS Cloud Data Exchange. 

Here the SAS docu: Cloud Data Exchange for the SAS® Viya® Platform

Here a recent SAS Communities article: SAS Cloud Data Exchange for the SAS Viya Platform

ballardw
Super User

You may need to be a bit more detailed about what you mean for "connectivity". SAS/Share and SAS/Connect are two ways for SAS use of data. But if you mean use by non-SAS access to the on premises data you need to describe it a bit more.

Note: Since there are so many data systems with odd names you should spell out a word like premises because I found most uses of "PREM" to mean "premiere" as in a soccer league or political office.

vorkady
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi
Requirement is to connect SAS VIYA 4.0 hosted on cloud to connect on premises data sources , no direct connectivity allowed for security reasons, but connection NEED TO comply with network layer 7 termination. Can I assume SAS Cloud Data Exchange is similar to Power BI gateway which comply with layer 7 termination.
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@vorkady wrote:
Hi
Requirement is to connect SAS VIYA 4.0 hosted on cloud to connect on premises data sources , no direct connectivity allowed for security reasons, but connection NEED TO comply with network layer 7 termination. Can I assume SAS Cloud Data Exchange is similar to Power BI gateway which comply with layer 7 termination.

Given this is an official SAS product I'd say you can assume that it will comply with the usual security requirements. https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/v_049/dataagentag/p0h72wof7so3rhn0zci6j3o1168h.htm 

To get further security details confirmed is something your architecture needs to ask SAS directly as part of contract negotiation and/or prep for install & config of the agent.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation