BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Monsoon
Fluorite | Level 6

We haven't enabled any extended monitoring for the environment manager yet. We have one metadata, one mid-tier and one compute tier. When I try to add the free memory status in metric viewer portlet, I just see the mid-tier server listed. Is this how its supposed to be? What can I do to see metadata and computer tier servers as well?

I click to configure metric viewer, from resource type drop-down I choose "Win32", from Metric drop-down I choose "Free Memory", I click "Add to list". And I see only mid-tier server in the Resources on the left side pane. This is SAS 9.4 M2. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
Good enough. If they are present and the tick sign is green, they should appear on the Metric Viewer, if you follow my previous instructions. I tested it.

If you keep having trouble, perhaps it is a good idea to share the question with SAS Technival Support

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Monsoon,

once you have selected those values, on the table below (perhaps empty, named, Selected Resources), you will need to click Add to List.

THis will show you 2 columns. One on the left with the available servers, and one on the right, with the servers selected for your metric. Just bring to the right the ones you want to report, and then Click OK, and OK, to save.

Monsoon
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you JuanS_OCSBut I only see the mid-tier server, on the left hand side. I don't see metadata or compute tier server. Is there a way I can get metrics for all servers in the deployment? 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
Can you see them on the Resources- Browse area? And their status?
Monsoon
Fluorite | Level 6

Nope, I don't see them under resources-browse area. I only see one server under Resources -> Browse -> Platforms 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
Good enough. If they are present and the tick sign is green, they should appear on the Metric Viewer, if you follow my previous instructions. I tested it.

If you keep having trouble, perhaps it is a good idea to share the question with SAS Technival Support
Monsoon
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for letting me know. Should I contact SAS Tech Support to ask them how to add resources to the EV Manager?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

I think you already have the resources registered, if they appear on Resources-Browse-Platforms. But the question about why they do not appear for reporting the Metrics is strange. I would encourage you to share that question with your contacts at SAS Technical Support.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation