BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mjm1
Calcite | Level 5

If there's a more appropriate board for this post, just let me know, and I'll move it.

I'm in the process of trying to download/install SAS. After a recent failed install, I removed my Software Depot, which had been done over WIFI, and started the process over with a clean slate. Before redoing the download, I made sure Windows 10 was fully current, which involved the installation of the Windows 10, version 1903 Feature Update (OS Build 18362.175). The Version 1903 Feature Update was released May 21, 2019, but just made it to general distribution. I also established a wired connection. Since updating Windows 10, the SAS Download Manager will begin the download, but errors out, irrespective of whether I'm on a WIFI or wired connection. Has anybody else had trouble downloading SAS with this version of Windows?

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

This post should be in the Administration and Deployment community. If you are using 64-bit Windows 10 then make sure you use the 64-bit Windows Download Manager. Otherwise SAS Tech Support are best placed to help you.

I run Download Manager on 64-bit Windows 10 and I've found it pretty reliable lately. We used to get timeouts during the hot fix part of the process but that has improved in my recent usage.

mjm1
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, this is a x64 Windows system and I used the x64 Windows Download Manager. Things ran fine, prior to the update, even over WIFI. The process doesn't start erroring until file numbers are in the 800-900 range. Most errors start with checksum mismatches, but are able to proceed after multiple tries. My last attempt failed with the message "unsupported file type" on two files.

Hmmmmm . . . looking for a way to move this post to the Administration/Installation community.

Technolero
Pyrite | Level 9

Are you using the latest version of the download manager (Release 2.14 - APR 2019)? I did a successful 42GB download on an up-to-date Windows 10 64-bit PC on June 14 no problem (wired connection)... 

mjm1
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, I used the latest version of the download manager (Release 2.14 - APR 2019). What's odd is that I, too, was able to download almost the full suite of SAS products (52GB with Hot Fixes) and didn't experience these issues between June 5th and June 21st. It's only after updating to Windows 10 Build 18362.175 on June 21st that they began to occur. What's your Windows build?

Technolero
Pyrite | Level 9

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I wanted a couple more data points.

Since I last posted, I downloaded a 42 GB depot on a separate Win10 machine successfully, and the went back to the original and downloaded a 48 GB depot. Both were Windows 10 Build 18362.175 machines.Everything worked as it is supposed to.

mjm1
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, Technolero, and I apologize for my delayed response. After I saw your note and had had another day of failed attempts and several BSODs, I did a clean install of Windows 10. That's a long laborious process that I completed late yesterday. So, as of now, my SAS download seems to going well. I'll let you know, if it completes.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation