BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rkong13
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to install a SAS hotfix for SAS9.3_M1 to fix the problem for procedure "geocode", and the instruction says that the SAS deployment manager is needed to do the job. Weird enough, our server doesn't seem to have that tool (SAS deployment manager) installed. Could anyone please help me about this? Does this tool have to be purchased separately? Thank you very much.

7 REPLIES 7
manojinpec
Obsidian | Level 7

what is environment where you are installing ?

rkong13
Calcite | Level 5

It's windows server 2008 R2 standard service pack 1.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The SAS deployment manager is part of your SAS software depot.  see

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikdeploywizug/64204/PDF/default/user.pdf

rkong13
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you. My IT must have missed the installation of this component. They always intend to install the minimum.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If you haven't checked already, it's also worth looking for the executable itself.

On my machine it's C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASDeploymentManager\9.3\sasdm.exe

I have seen occurrences where the SAS Deployment Manager is installed but not present in the Windows Start menu.

rkong13
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, but sasdm.exe cannot be found in our system.

sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

consider this

The SAS Deployment Manager is a tool that looks very much like the SAS Deployment Wizard. However, the SAS Deployment Manager is used for post-installation configuration tasks such as configuring some products, applying hot fixes, updating metadata, and uninstalling SAS software. active SAS sessions, daemons, spawners and servers must be terminated before applying this hot fix i think. you can find more detail regarding "G" related hotfixe below here

http://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/hotfix/HF2/G/

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 in conversation