BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi There,

I am facing issues with my Web infra structructure data server. So i always have to monitor by checking the service status. 

I have read in some documents about pgpool-II tool which monitors the Web data server .

I have already a sas 9.4 M3 installed distributed platform in which i have meta and mid installed in same machine.

Please kindly help with some ideas to manage and monitor Web Data Server .

Thanks &  Regards,

Sanddep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @sandeep_reddy

Did you try the SAS Environment Manager?

You should be able to create an event which monitor that particular component and eventually alert/email you if there is a problem.

Cheers,

Damo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vbkm
Fluorite | Level 6
We had similar issue with one of the SAS process at my previous site, created a wrapper script in shell for this process in such a way that it will send an alert if the process goes down and restarts it right away. Scheduled it to run in 30 sec intervals in crontab. Hope this helps!
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @sandeep_reddy

Did you try the SAS Environment Manager?

You should be able to create an event which monitor that particular component and eventually alert/email you if there is a problem.

Cheers,

Damo

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @sandeep_reddy,

I completely agree with @Damo. Environment Manager allows you to monitor the postgresql database (WIP database), and also to test the connection of a user to the database, so not only the availability of the port for the service.

If your company has got any other enterprise-level monitoring tool, they can use ir as well to monitor the port, to test the connection to the database, etc, and send alerts if needed, and even trigger commands under certain conditions.

For your information, https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Monitoring 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation