BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vkrishna
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

We are upgrading from SAS 9.4 M3 to 9.4 M5. We got an error while configuring at SAS web Application Server Configuration step. (In stage 7).  Please see the attached log for reference. How can I resolve this error?

Any suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

v

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @vkrishna,

when the SAS 9.4 M3 was deployed, did you selected to deployed the web application servers manually or automatically?

Also and fyi, the error you get is 

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Parameter 'directory' is not a directory
	at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.listFiles(FileUtils.java:293)

My best advise would be to restore the server to the previous version before upgrade and then rerun the upgrade but with -loglevel 2, to get debug messages on the logs.

vkrishna
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @JuanS_OCS,

when the SAS 9.4 M3 was deployed, did you selected to deployed the web application servers manually or automatically?

Web application servers were deployed automatically.

How can I restore the server to previous version suggest the steps to follow as I am in middle of configuration?

Thanks,

Vamsi

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @vkrishna,

if your servers are virtualized, you can check when it was your latest snapshot and restore from it.

vkrishna
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @JuanS_OCS,

You mentioned that - "rerun the upgrade but with -loglevel 2". Can you clarify that?

Windows server 2012 R2

Office analytics.

Thanks,

Vamsi

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @vkrishna,

I meant to run your same setup command line but adding -loglevel2.

I.e, if you have run setup.sh -partialprompt -responsefile "mypath/myreponsefile.properties", you can add the parameter by running  setup.sh -partialprompt -responsefile "mypath/myreponsefile.properties" -loglevel 2

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation