BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
keane76
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I work as SAS admin for an org. As part of  Upgradation of SAS from 9.4 M3 to 9.4 M4.  Installation and Configuration was done successfully in Meta & Compute tier , installation is also successful in Web tier. I am getting an error for performing configuration in Web tier(local zone/virtual machine), at stage 7, step 2(screenshot has been attached). SAS is deployed on Solaris machines with sufficient RAM(32 GB for physical machine).

Applications on Web tier:

SAS Studio Mid Tier 3.6 version (Upgrading from 3.5 to 3.6)

Enterprise Miner 14.2

Errors in the log file(vfabrictcsvr_startMidtierServers_2017-07-14-17.06.09):

[appserverTarget] 2017-07-14 17:59:18,435 [main] ERROR com.sas.appserver.vfabrictcsvr.Server - Webapp with SASLogon context failed to start

[appserverTarget] 2017-07-14 17:59:18,595 [main] INFO  com.sas.sdw.SDWExceptionHandler - message=Application Server has started, however web applications with the following contexts failed to start.

Please suggest what can be done.

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @keane76,

this error generally means there is a very basic problem in your mid-tier configuration (software or hardware).

Does your mid-tier configuration include single-sign on, SSL (https) or reverse proxy configurations? 

Did you check the log of SASServer1_1\logs\server.log? 

Probably the best for you and for now would be to copy the diretories to somewhere else where you can keep the logs, to roll-back the upgrade to an estable version and analyze the problem.

Eventually, it is possible that you would need to repeat the upgrade possible and, perhaps, even to contact SAS Technical Support.

vkrishna
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @keane76,

Did your problem solved? If yes, Can you share it here. I'm facing the similar problem at stage 7 step 2  so I can check from my end.

Thanks,

Vamsi

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @vkrishna,

there is a chance that keane won't answer, since the last post was in July.

Perhaps an idea if you open a new post and you provide additional details? You could start with some questions that I posted to keane, some logs from your environment and a short description of the deployment.

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Juan

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation