BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
syedhisam
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi  ,

We are planing on Migrating/Upgrading to SAS Viya 3.4 platform for VA 8.3 and will be installing on a New physical Dell R730 rack server. 

Below are the Hardware specs of the sever.

Dual CPU : Intel Xeon E5-2637  v4 3.5GHz, 1 5M Cache,9.60GT/s QPI,Turbo,HT ,4C/8T (135W) Max Mem 2400MHz

Core : Total 4*2 (however as these are Multithreaded it would be 16 cores)

RAM: 128

10G NIC

Storage:2 TB

Are these specs inline with SAS Viya Hardware Certification Matrix /Requirement ? Is there are Bench-marching and Recommendation document or notes.

Thanks in Advance for your insight.

P.S : this is for Our Production Environment

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @syedhisam,

benchmarks: I can imagine sure there are. Software and hardware are tested every day at SAS. Public ones? That is a different story.

If your server complies for the performance you expect: it depends on requirements and usage. As always. We cannot tell you.

My best sugestion to you is to contact the SAS Enterprise Excellence Center (EEC), so you can get a proper sizing proposal. You can do this through SAS Technical Support or your SAS Account Manager. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @syedhisam,

benchmarks: I can imagine sure there are. Software and hardware are tested every day at SAS. Public ones? That is a different story.

If your server complies for the performance you expect: it depends on requirements and usage. As always. We cannot tell you.

My best sugestion to you is to contact the SAS Enterprise Excellence Center (EEC), so you can get a proper sizing proposal. You can do this through SAS Technical Support or your SAS Account Manager. 

syedhisam
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank You @JuanS_OCS for your feedback.

Is there are email address for EEC to reach ?

syedhisam
Obsidian | Level 7

ignore the typos please. 

Benchmarking is what I intended to write Man Happy

Donna_SAS
SAS Employee

To engage EEC, you will either need to open a SAS Technical Support  track, or work with your SAS Account Manager. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation