BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi Experts,

I have successfully deployed SAS Viya container image using Docker. I have issues when I am trying to write data to PostgreSQL DB. Please find below code and the error I am facing. 

Any pointers to resolve this will help!

libname pgtest odbc noprompt="Driver=/opt/sas/viya/home/lib64/psqlodbcw.so;Database=sastest;UID=sasadmin;PWD=test123;Server=xx.xx.xx.xx";

data pgtest.testdata;
set sashelp.cars;
run;

1          %studio_hide_wrapper;
82         libname pgtest odbc
82       ! noprompt=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
82       ! ;
NOTE: Libref PGTEST was successfully assigned as follows: 
      Engine:        ODBC 
      Physical Name: 
84         data pgtest.testdata;
85         set sashelp.cars;
86         run;
NOTE: SAS variable labels, formats, and lengths are not written to DBMS tables.

ERROR:  An exception has been encountered.
Please contact technical support and provide them with the following traceback information:

The SAS task name is [DATASTEP]
Segmentation Violation

Traceback of the Exception:

Please contact technical support and provide them with the following traceback information:

Segmentation Violation

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
WARNING: The data set PGTEST.TESTDATA may be incomplete.  When this step was stopped there were 0 observations and 15 variables.

Segmentation Violation

1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Anand_V ,

did you have the chance to look at the psql logs? I this the Viya psql database or it is an external one? 

I would check also at your odbc driver logs, previous expanding the level of information.

Regards, 
Juan

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation