BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nicocba
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I'm starting to configure a SAS Viya environment, first time using it, and have encountered the following errorors:

1. Before connecting to the corporate AD (Active Directory) we connected to a local LDAP server to test the environment, i've created a Oracle Library with one of those users. Now we connected to the corporate AD and i've found that the test user is the only user with full control over that library.

Is there any way i can take ownership of that library with another admin or sasboot user?

2. I've found out that any user on the AD is able to log and use SAS VIya,I know is the default behaviour but i'm not very keen on allowing any user (very large company) to access the application. We want to limit the login permissions to some groups on AD, by assinging those AD groups membership of the custom groups in SAS 

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english,

Nicolas

5 REPLIES 5
nicocba
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you! I'll take a look at that
nicocba
Fluorite | Level 6
I can't edit permissions for the library, I'm thinking that maybe I can create a rule for SAS Administrators to get full access to data
nicocba
Fluorite | Level 6
I've found a solution for #1, i'll share it here for future reference

Log in as a SAS Administrator, go to Data -> Servers -> right click on cas server and select "Assume the superuser rol".

You'll see a message on top saying that you're superuser and you'll have control over all the system.

I'm still working on #2 with SAS Support

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation