BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vkrishna
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

When we try to stop the SAS [config-Lev1] SASServer1_1 - WebAppServer service in windows getting this error. We are following the correct stopping order.

Any idea about this?

- Windows Server 2012 R2 

- SAS office analytics

WS.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @vkrishna,

in that case, I would say it is completely normal.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @vkrishna,

first, I do not think it should be a big problem. Does it take long time to stop? Then probably the script behind just killed the normal shutdown, due to timeouts.

Do you have more SASServerN_M, or just 1_1? What maintenance level do you have?

Kind regards,

Juan 

vkrishna
Quartz | Level 8

@JuanS_OCS,

Thank you for the quick response. 

Yes, it took too long  to respond.

Just SASServer1_1. 

9.4(TS1M3).

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @vkrishna,

in that case, I would say it is completely normal.

vkrishna
Quartz | Level 8

Hello @JuanS_OCS,

one more question, SAS web applications server was configured automatically with SDW and after installing the hotfixes SAS Web Applications were redeployed due to the post-installation step in hotfixes.

SAS documentation says undeploying the SAS Web Applications is optional and SAS rebuild the web applications during the upgrade.

Just want to confirm, Do we need to undeploy the SAS Web Applications before upgrading to maintenance release 5?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @vkrishna,

indeed, undeploy web apps is optional. But on each maintenance (hotfixes, upgrades, etc) you need to rebuild and redeploy, which is also done for you during the SAS Deployment Manager steps.

ybolduc
Quartz | Level 8

Hi vkrishna,

Have you considered open a ticket with SAS Technical Support? I am pretty sure that they can help you address this "time out" issue. We have multiple instances of the Web Application server here and I never had this error. So while it may not cause any problem, I would not call this normal behavior.

For this kind of stuff, while forum member may try to do their best to help you. My experience is that SAS Tech Support is the best way to go.

Thanks,

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation