BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
EyalGonen
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi all,

I am about to install SAS Viya 4 and see in the deployment guide references to two options to deploy:

1. sas-orchestration tool

2. SAS deployment operator

Why would I choose one over the other? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JackMcGuire
Fluorite | Level 6

There is a great SAS Communities article by AllenCunningham describing the differences between the four different methods of deployment. Hopefully this gives you the information you need to be able to chose the best method for your deployment:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

This is a 1,5 year old post, so I'm not sure if it still holds:

"With the shipment of Stable 2020.1.4 (mid-March 2021) the preferred method of deploying SAS Viya is to use the SAS Viya Deployment Operator, or it should be going forward."

Introducing the SAS Viya Deployment Operator

Data never sleeps
EyalGonen
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I think this post you pointed to was posted before the "sas-orchestration" deployment option was added as a supported method for deploying SAS Viya. The "sas-orchestration" deployment option was added recently at version 2022.12.

At https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/itopscdc/v_036/dplyml0phy0dkr/p127f6y30iimr6n17x2xe9vlt54q.htm it lists three options for deployment two of them being the sas-orchestration, the deployment operator and also the manual option which I am currently ignoring.

So having said that, which option is recommended and what is the difference between them?

JackMcGuire
Fluorite | Level 6

There is a great SAS Communities article by AllenCunningham describing the differences between the four different methods of deployment. Hopefully this gives you the information you need to be able to chose the best method for your deployment:

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation