BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sasviyaLC
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to install Viya 3.5 with nondefault ldap group "eg : sas-new-group" for both users sas and cas. I did update the file viya-ark/playbooks/pre-install-playbook/roles/viya-ark.preinstall/defaults/main.yml with the required group but installation is still going with the default group "sas". Is there any other file/playbook I need to update with LDAP group names/id's to be able to use the group I want?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michele_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @sasviyaLC 

In this case it is a requirement for the group to be named 'sas' and is not supported to change it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
michele_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @sasviyaLC 

Using the group name 'sas' is a requirement. You cannot use/assign an alternative name for this group. For more about this requirement see User and Group Requirements in System Requirements of the SAS Viya 3.5 Linux Deployment Guide.

SAS Help Center: User and Group Requirements

sasviyaLC
Calcite | Level 5

Hi @michele_sas 

yes , I have gone through the requirements but security team came up with this requirement, they dont want to have new groups other than the defined ones in the policy. Hence looking for an option to modify the playbook to the required group names to install it. The new group would have the same privilege's like "sas" but its just the name change.

michele_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @sasviyaLC 

In this case it is a requirement for the group to be named 'sas' and is not supported to change it.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation