BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Debi_SAS
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Team,

I have a question on SAS Viya . I would love to hear different approaches from you people to resolve my case .

Issue :: I have done a single machine fresh installation of SAS Viya 3.3 in a Linux machine9(Linux 7.6) . After installation, I can login to SAS Viya HOME page [ https://...../SASHome ] with sasboot ID . I have made the connection from my SAS Viya machine to our AD /LDAP Server and also I can see the Users/Groups details in the SASHome page . 

But, I am not able to login to the SASHome page with any of the AD IDs . P.s. :: I can do direct SSH to unix viya server using the same AD ID. 

Generally, in sas 9.4 , for this kind of issues we generally enable PAM Authentication and modify the sasauth file .But  in SAS Viya case, I am unsure what can be done to resolve the issue. 

Any kind help, would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Debi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Debi_SAS
Fluorite | Level 6

@alexal,

Thanks for replying me  and sorry for late response as I was busy with some other stuffs. 

Q:: Have you seen any errors in /opt/sas/viya/config/var/log/saslogon/default/ directory 

A:: No, no such errors .

Anyhow, I did a reboot of my complete enviroonment and restarted sshd . That helped me resolving the issue . 

Issue is resolved as of now.  Thank You.. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
alexal
SAS Employee

@Debi_SAS,

SASHome will be using LDAP for authentication. Have you seen any errors in /opt/sas/viya/config/var/log/saslogon/default/ directory?

Debi_SAS
Fluorite | Level 6

@alexal,

Thanks for replying me  and sorry for late response as I was busy with some other stuffs. 

Q:: Have you seen any errors in /opt/sas/viya/config/var/log/saslogon/default/ directory 

A:: No, no such errors .

Anyhow, I did a reboot of my complete enviroonment and restarted sshd . That helped me resolving the issue . 

Issue is resolved as of now.  Thank You.. 🙂

alexal
SAS Employee

@Debi_SAS ,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad that the problem has been resolved.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation