BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mctrit8
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have installesd SAS VIYA 3.5 on Linux, now, after I configured sas.identities.providers.ldap.group, I don't see in SAS the user under the groups.

For example I have in LDAP:

forum.JPG

but on SAS I don't see the member:

forum2.JPG

My SAS configuration:

forum3.JPG

In general: wich objectClass I have to use for users and for groups? Which field for this objextClasses I have to use in SAS configuration? Thanks a lot in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
alexal
SAS Employee

@mctrit8 ,

Please check the most recent log file in /opt/sas/viya/config/var/log/identities/default directory. Do you see any errors there?

mctrit8
Calcite | Level 5

I verified, no errors in it.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

Hi @mctrit8,

Are you able to see the member users when examining the user list?

--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
mctrit8
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I can see the users whne I select Users on SAS but when I select Groups on SAS I see the groups but I don't see the member of the groups.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You may wish to engage SAS Technical Support if you haven't already so they can take a look at your settings and LDAP contents.

From your screen shot it looks like linuxgroup is an OU rather than a group DN, which I haven't seen before. (It's distinguished name is OU=... instead of CN=...) but has attributes associated with a group (objecttype of groupofnames, members, and a CN) Which LDAP server are you using?
--
mctrit8
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

sorry, I'm new in LDAP and I don't know what is the right object type for groups, I see there are Objectclass= Organizationalunit but this hasn't the member attribute and the Objectclass=groupOfNames that has the member attribute; exctly what is the Object class you say?

I'm using OpenLDAP for server.

Can you give me an example of a simple group in LDAP? Thank you very much.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

Thanks @mctrit8 ,

Often a OU is created named something like "Groups" that contains the various groups. So you'd have an organizational unit. This is from OpenLDAP's documentation:

Note you have two OUs, Group and People, and one user within the "People" OU (dn: uid=test1,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com), and one group within the "Group" OU (dn: cn=testgroup,ou=Group,dc=example,dc=com) with a "member" defined as the user: 

cat memberof.ldif
        dn: dc=example,dc=com
        objectclass: domain
        dc: example

dn: ou=Group,dc=example,dc=com
        objectclass: organizationalUnit
        ou: Group

dn: ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
        objectclass: organizationalUnit
        ou: People

dn: uid=test1,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
        objectclass: account
        uid: test1

dn: cn=testgroup,ou=Group,dc=example,dc=com
        objectclass: groupOfNames
        cn: testgroup
        member: uid=test1,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
--
mctrit8
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I've tried to structure an LDAP tree as you say:

LDAP_GROUP.JPG

LDAP_USER.JPG

On SAS-VIYA:

GROUP_on_SAS1.JPG

GROuP_ON_SAS2.JPG

GROUP_ON_SAS3.JPG

Then I see th user and the group but I don't see the user as member of the group still:

GROUP_ON_SAS4.JPG

GROUP_ON_SAS_5.JPG

Thank you for the support.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

Thanks @mctrit8 

You may wish to use the steps here to get more detail in the identities service log on the cause of the member list being empty:

Usage Note 61882: Troubleshooting identities and the identities service in SAS® Viya®

--

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation