BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mark_A
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I am installing SAS VA on a Windows Server 2012 R2 and i have run across several Windows server setup problems. Nothing to do directly with SAS VA, per se, just things that need to be configured on the Windows server for things to work during the SAS VA install process (such as using net stop HTTP to stop services listening on port 80 during the install).

Does anyone have any notes that i could follow for installing SAS VA on a Windows Server? The notes do not have to be complete or pretty. Anything would help.Many, many thanks ahead of time.  -Mark

1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Mark_A,

are you already following any document or procedure to install SAS VA? I would like to hear that from you, and which ones, if affirmative.

Some help:

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vasmicg/70710/HTML/default/viewer.htm#titlepage.htm

- http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaicg/69988/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n02025sasvanalytics0...

Some other quick tips specific for windows 2012:

- consider 8.3 name convention on the drive where SAS binaries will be installed, before you install. All paths to sas.exe must have short names

- when you grant access to windows folders, such as for the sasinst user, it is not enough just include them in local Administrators group, and gran permissions to the folders or drives, but to put specific group (where the user is included).

- ensure the Local (or Group) Security Policies as SAS expects

- .NET , Python, etc.... please give a look to the documentation and system requirements for Visual Analytics and SAS Foundation on Windows x64.

The port issue thingy you mention it is not windows related, or SAS related. Just ensure the ports your software will use (set up during your deployment) will be open and not-used by any other service/process. As with any other application. THe second link in the list should help, but this is only defaults. During your configuration process you will have a lot of prompts where you will actually select the ports to be used.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation