BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
BSchellenger
Fluorite | Level 6

Running SAS VA 7.3 single server install on Linux using Windows AD authentication.  I'm trying to use the Distribute Reports option when in Report Designer.  Users are setup with e-mail addresses, and setup with AD accounts (not internal accounts).  Some users can receive the report, and others come back as recipient not found.  I get, "WARN | LOGON_USERS | Cannot locate user (UserName) (Root Cause:   java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0 at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:635)" in the Distribution job completion summary e-mail.  I'm unable to determine the differences between accounts that would cause this.  It's not a matter of not having access to the report or data, because the process doesn't even get that far.  I created a test account, and cannot get it to work.  I've made sure the account has logged into SAS.  I also made sure the AD account assigned to the SAS account has logged into the Linux server.  I don't know what to do or look at from here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BSchellenger
Fluorite | Level 6

So, not having the AD accounts was the problem.  Once the AD accounts were setup, I had to delete the SAS accounts and recreate them, but then I was able to send reports to the users.  Thanks for the help and suggestions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
alexal
SAS Employee

@BSchellenger,

The only time I have seen that error in distribution is when the recipient was an internal account. Are you sure that you are not using an internal account? Also, what errors you have in SASVisualAnalyticsHyperlink.log?

SAS Usage Note 55920: Tips for troubleshooting problems with the distribution functionality in SAS® ...

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Can you successfully send email to those users? In SAS Visual Analytics Designer, select File > Email. If you see an error in designer or in either the hyperlink or designer log, then please post them.

• /SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServerX_Y/SASVisualAnalyticsDesigner7.x.log

• /SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServerX_Y/SASVisualAnalyticsHyperlink7.x.log

If you do not see errors anywhere in Visual Analytics, then see if you get an "undeliverable" bounce back message from your email server.

BSchellenger
Fluorite | Level 6

I think I finally figured out the problem.  The AD accounts assigned to the SAS accounts were never setup, so they don't actually exist in AD.  I'm waiting for the AD accounts to be setup to test and make sure that fixes the problem.

BSchellenger
Fluorite | Level 6

So, not having the AD accounts was the problem.  Once the AD accounts were setup, I had to delete the SAS accounts and recreate them, but then I was able to send reports to the users.  Thanks for the help and suggestions.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation