BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
luisrafa3012198
Calcite | Level 5

It is possible to have a complete windows enviroment in SAS 9.4 VA 7.3 distributed architecture? or I must have at least the SAS LASR Analytic Server on Linux?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

No, it is not possible at this moment, only with Linux. You can always check the system requirements page and its updates: http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikvisanlytofrsr/68904/HTML/default/index.html

But you can always split metadata, compute and Web tiers, and have Hadoop too. You simply won;t have the advantajes on high-performance of the distributed LASR.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

No, it is not possible at this moment, only with Linux. You can always check the system requirements page and its updates: http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikvisanlytofrsr/68904/HTML/default/index.html

But you can always split metadata, compute and Web tiers, and have Hadoop too. You simply won;t have the advantajes on high-performance of the distributed LASR.

luisrafa3012198
Calcite | Level 5

Thank You JuanS_OCS

I have seen that requirement document already i just wanted to confirm the posibility.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

You are welcome Luis, un placer.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

We have a completely Windows non-distributed SAS VA 7.3 environment. If your data requirements are relativily small like ours then going Windows non-distributed is definitely worth considering. The installation, administration and support overhead with this approach is a lot less than Linux non-distributed.  

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation