BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
David99
Calcite | Level 5

Could anybody provide an estimated downtime for deploying SAS VA 7.3 from 7.3 on a distributed server

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
Hi,

I would say that 1-2 days in case that your VA deployment defaults... But the fact is that many security configurations and your customizations might require extra time, such as:
Single sign on, ssl, reverse proxy, customizations on the web applications, metadata clusters, web application clusters, special proxy, firewall configurations, etc

I would strongly recommend you to contact SASS so they can send you a consultant or partner for an intake of your current environment and requirements.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
Hi,

I would say that 1-2 days in case that your VA deployment defaults... But the fact is that many security configurations and your customizations might require extra time, such as:
Single sign on, ssl, reverse proxy, customizations on the web applications, metadata clusters, web application clusters, special proxy, firewall configurations, etc

I would strongly recommend you to contact SASS so they can send you a consultant or partner for an intake of your current environment and requirements.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In addition to @JuanS_OCS's very useful comments the answer will also depend on how many physical servers are involved and whether your VA environment is shared with other SAS environments like EBI. Usually it is your SAS mid-tier that is the most time-consuming to upgrade. Any complexities could increase your downtime by several days.   

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation