BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
laxmanpai
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Team,

Could you please let me know , is there a way that would allow SAS users to programmatically run proc imports and exports to a particular drive without using the log on as batch user permission .

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If these users have SAS installed on their PCs and have access to the required drive from their PCs and just use PC SAS to do these tasks then the answer is yes. If they are limited to using a remote Windows SAS server accessing it with their own user accounts then the answer is no.

laxmanpai
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Team,

For the statement mentioned by you,

1. If these users have SAS installed on their PCs and have access to the required drive from their PCs and just use PC SAS to do these tasks then the answer is yes

Could you please provide me what needs to be done.

2. If they are limited to using a remote Windows SAS server accessing it with their own user accounts then the answer is no.

Could you please provide me what is the solution here with an example.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

1. If these users have SAS installed on their PCs and have access to the required drive from their PCs and just use PC SAS to do these tasks then the answer is yes

Could you please provide me what needs to be done.

Install SAS on user's PCs and ensure those PCs have access to the required network drives. Note if you don't already have PC SAS licences to do this then this will need to be purchased.

2. If they are limited to using a remote Windows SAS server accessing it with their own user accounts then the answer is no.

There is no solution for this. All accounts which start a remote SAS server workspace session require the logon as batch feature.

laxmanpai
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

Could you please on the below point mentioned from your end.

If they are limited to using a remote Windows SAS server accessing it with their own user accounts then the answer is no.

There is no solution for this. All accounts which start a remote SAS server workspace session require the logon as batch feature.

Could you please tell me the one which i have highlighted 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Tell you what? Firstly do your SAS servers run on Windows because the "logon as batch job" permission only applies to Windows?

laxmanpai
Calcite | Level 5

Yes please. 

My SAS Servers run on Windows.

doug_sas
SAS Employee

SAS users can run SAS code in a number of ways. They could have SAS installed on their Windows desktop or they could have SAS running on a server somewhere and use either Enterprise Guide (EG) or SAS/Studio to connect to the server and run their code.

Having SAS installed on your Windows desktop and running SAS in display manager mode (DMS mode) does not require the SAS user to have the 'logon as batch' privilege.

If the SAS user runs EG or SAS/Studio, the SAS server is started as a 'batch' process and does require the user to have 'logon as batch' privilege (even if the SAS process is on the same machine).

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation