BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vipuld
Calcite | Level 5

Windows 7 32-bit processor 4Gb Ram.

I have installed VirtualBox-5.0.20-106931, and using import appliance option completed "unvbasicvapp__9411005__ova__en__sp0__1.ova" import. While import under Appliance setting "Guest OS type : Red Hat (64 - bit)", and import completed successfully.

Now select select General under Settings and edit Share Folders option and share folders, on clicking OK Operating System option changes to Ubuntu (32-bit).

When I edit Operating System field to update it with Red Hat (64 - bit), it does not show Red Hat (64 - bit) option in the combobox.

Need help to get "Red Hat (64 - bit) " option in the combo so I can get rid of "This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU." 

3 REPLIES 3
dpage
SAS Employee

Do you see any 64 bit guests as options when making new virtual machines? Unfortunately, you cannot run a 64 bit guest OS on a 32 bit hardware system - are you sure your processor is actually 32 bit, or you just have a 32-bit version of windows? If it's the former, there is nothing you can do. If it's the latter, you can explicitly enable a feature to handle the scaling - but there is a performance penalty. 

https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch03.html#intro-64bitguests

vipuld
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for prompt reply.

I had installed oracle VM Virtual box on 32 bit hardware system.

Based on you suggestion I have installed oracle VM Virtualbox on the hardware with 64 bit and OS Windows 8.1 64 bit.

I have completed  SAS University Edition import with guest operating system version "Red Hat (64-bit)" as default selection while making new virtual machine.

When I  updated an option "Share Folders" under "Setting", guest version changes to "Unbuntu (32-bit)", and I did not see 64 bit guests as an option any more.

I need help so that I can see 64 bit guests as options under "Setting > General > Basic > Version".

Right now I can see all version of Linux 32 bit only. 

For more detail please open attached file. 

SAS_Uni_Configissue.jpg
vipuld
Calcite | Level 5

Problem is fixed.

64 bit Machine on which I have deployed Oracle Virtual box, also have Hyper-v running on it.

I have stopped hyper-V and redeployed Oracle virtual box.

I can see welcome message of SAS University Edition.

Thanks and cheers!!!!!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation