BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ram4sas
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I see very strange behaviour with SAS Studio.

we have SAS 9.4 M6 with 3 tier architecture like Meta, Compute and Web tiers. The SAS Studio been installed on web tier as SAS Web Report Studio does and accessible to user with https:localhost:8080/SASStudio URL.

i see strange behaviour with SAS Studio like

Clear cache on chrome > hit the SAS Studio URL > its keep spinning to load Logon Page> if I hit F5 then got Logon Page in a Second > enter UID/PW, click Sign In > SASStudio spinning to sign in forever > if hit F5, SASStudio started to Signing In process then starts Initialize process takes forever.

i check the SAS WRS:

Clear cache on chrome > hit the SAS WRS URL > its keep spinning to load Logon Page> if I hit F5 then got Logon Page in a Second >

enter UID/PW, click Sign In > WRS spinning to load home page forever > if hit F5 it loads WRS Home page in a second.

not sure why the SAS WRS loads when i hit F5 while trying to get response from SAS Web Server to load and sign and whereas that's even not working for SAS Studio to log into SAS Studio Home page successfully.

can someone suggest if anyone facing kind of issues and solution for this to fix? i tried with SAS Tech Support and they are doubting the network blocking.. if that's the case how the network allowing to load SAS WRS with F5 refresh.

Thanks,

Ram

8 REPLIES 8
Ram4sas
Fluorite | Level 6
its same behaviour on Firefox, IE browser too.
hemasai98
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Ram4SAS, While you are trying to access SASStudio, will you please check whether all the services were running on Middle Tier and is it first time you are accessing the SASStudio after installation ?

Ram4sas
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi hemaSASi98,

I did check that all 3 SAS WebAppServers are running. 

Ram4sas
Fluorite | Level 6

this is not first time we are accessing. we were able to access SAS Studio till Dec 2nd and i did updated SAS Server order from SAS 9.4 M6 19w7 shi event to 9.4 M6 19w47 ship event order. then SAS studio issues started with sluggish response from Dec 3rd.

hemasai98
Fluorite | Level 6

Will you please check if there are any errors notified in the below location:

/SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServer1_1/SASStudioMidTierx.x.log

Will you please check if there is a SASStudioSession is created in the following location:

/SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Web/WebAppServer/SASServer1_1/temp/SASStudioSessions

Ram4sas
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi hemasai98*
Ram4sas
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Hemasai98,

I see the below message in SASStudioMidTier3.8.log after i hit the SAS Studio URL:

2019-12-26 12:50:51, 760 [Finalizer] WARN [unknown] com.sas.services.connection - (fE3,r0) A connection was returned to the factory by the garbage collector (fE3,c0)

vijayjgupta001
Calcite | Level 5

Best way to make sure if this is not network issue you should use server's web browser and check directly on the server. atleast you'll get idea where is the problem.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation