BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PunkinSAS08
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am using the University sas studio version and working with large datasets for my practicum. After running a few data sets, I start receiving the following errors that prevents me from running future code:

ERROR: Error opening file. File =/saswork/SAS_work868100004FE6_odaws02-usw2-2.oda.sas.com/#LN00081. System Error Code = 122.
ERROR: Invalid open mode.
ERROR: No body file. HTML5(WEB) output will not be created.

Can someone assist with this? I have cleared my library but that has not fixed the issue.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Generally, WORK data sets and permanent SAS data sets take up the same amount of space.

If you are using SAS/Studio via SAS On Demand for Academics, there are also size limits which would potentially prevent you from working with huge data sets.

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I would start by adding the COMPRESS option to each of the large datasets:

data Want (compress = yes);
  set Have;
run;

That should allow you to process more data. If that isn't enough then delete any earlier datasets in your program that you no longer need:

proc datasets library = WORK;
  delete Have;
  run;
quit;

PunkinSAS08
Fluorite | Level 6

This allowed me to run more additional datafile but it's ultimately filled past that point. What if I switched all the datasets over into permanent sas libraries, would this combat the issue? I am currently working with large CSV files and could potentially switch them to sas7bdat form and try this way. 

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Generally, WORK data sets and permanent SAS data sets take up the same amount of space.

If you are using SAS/Studio via SAS On Demand for Academics, there are also size limits which would potentially prevent you from working with huge data sets.

--
Paige Miller

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation