BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASWayne
Quartz | Level 8
SAS studio is not displaying special characters like ©, ®, alpha, etc. used in programs after saving and re-opening them. The same special characters are shown properly in EG.
Could someone help me with this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASWayne
Quartz | Level 8
This issue has been resolved by converting the code from US-ASCII encoding to UTF-8 which was set as the default encoding format in SAS Studio.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
alexal
SAS Employee

@SASWayne ,

What version of SAS Studio are you using?

SASWayne
Quartz | Level 8
SAS Studio 3.71 Enterprise Edition
alexal
SAS Employee

@SASWayne ,

I do not have version 3.71, however, I do not have such issues in version 3.8. I would like to learn more about your server, such as what kind of OS are you using? Where did you save the file? A local filesystem or NFS share?

SASWayne
Quartz | Level 8
@alexal
We use windows server 2012 and the programs can be stored both locally and on NFS. It's up to the users.
alexal
SAS Employee
I would recommend creating a track with our Technical Support:

https://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm
SASWayne
Quartz | Level 8
@alexal
I agree, but is there any limitations with using these special characters in SAS Studio and not in EG?
Thank you
alexal
SAS Employee
As far as I know, there are no limitations. Also, I wasn't able to reproduce the problem on the Linux server, this is why I do recommend to contact Technical Support.
Ksharp
Super User
Your SAS 's encoding is UTF-8 ?
proc options option=encoding value;
run;
SASWayne
Quartz | Level 8
This issue has been resolved by converting the code from US-ASCII encoding to UTF-8 which was set as the default encoding format in SAS Studio.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation