BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Acf2
Obsidian | Level 7

SAS94M8 on Windows Server.

Most users are comfortable with EG but some like the Background Submit feature of SAS/Studio which seems reliable compared with EG .

EG users often reference 4 pre-assigned libraries which I could add to an autoexec:

libname x1 'd:/data/datalib1' access = readonly ;

I want to block direct access to d:/data/datalib1 and use metadata bound libraries and something like this :

libname x1 meta libid = "A5CC3U96.B500000A" ;

However, in SAS/Studio metauser, metapass are not populated but METAAUTORESOURCES=SASApp and METASERVER are valid and have the same values as in EG. 

Is there a supported method to replicate assigning SASApp libraries to a SAS/Studio session? 

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Any libraries I create in SAS Management Console and also select the Pre-Assign option will be assigned in every SAS interface including SAS Studio and batch mode:

SASKiwi_0-1725496476808.png

Acf2
Obsidian | Level 7

That makes complete sense but is not what we see. I will set up some dummy libs on our test server.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

BTW, I'm not using META libraries, just the default SAS library engine. Can you try that as a test?

Acf2
Obsidian | Level 7

Mystery solved.  2 years ago, I created a Metadata group to segregate a new team which was Indirectly Denying access. Not obvious but %mdsecds showed the blockage :

%mdsecds(identitynames="team1user, team2user", identitytypes="Person,Person", folder="\DeptData", membertypes="Library");

proc print data=work.mdsecds_join noobs;
var objname publictype identityname ReadMetadata WriteMetadata ;
run;

Regarding meta libs, even with meta data bound libraries, it is going to be tough to block direct access to D:\data\saslib1. The locations are also defined as SMB shares \\server\data and ACLs need to work for both local and network access.  Difficult to change and test on Windows. I may start another thread to discuss.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation