BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kjohnsonm
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello all,

I am new to SAS, (April 2015),  I am trying to get this process to work "Creating and Starting the Default Service"  based on doc: SAS/IntrNet(R) 9.3: Application Dispatcher.   It seems like this was written for an earlier version of windows not for 2012.   Can anyone get the service to start?  I have done the steps to the best of my knowledge/ability.  I tried to install it as a service, I have removed it and added it again, I have tried to start it with the batch program.  I have tried as system admin.   I am not sure what to do next.  I am looking for any hits or tips to try...  TIA.

PS I can get my colleges old SAS server to do the ping, and hello world checks just fine...  no go on the new system...  It seems this default service is the bump.

1 REPLY 1
kjohnsonm
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Resolved;  I have a rather complicated network structure,   It ended up being firewall/DNS issues both at the same time.  The doc's could use updating to include win2012 alternate steps but over all it works just fine once your network issues are cleared up.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation