BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chenchug
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I am seeing issue with SDW to run update mode on existing configuration.

Description: As part of SAS Access Interface to products add on, I got new orders from SAS.

• The existing orders for SAS Non-Prod (9OLDNP -18w47) and SAS Prod (9OLDPD - 19w7).
  • We wanted to add SAS Access interface to Products on existing configuration.
  • So SAS generated new orders for Non-Prod (9NEWNP – 19w47) and Prod(9NEWPD – 19w47)
  • Since difference in ship event, I have to perform a full update on the entire system and add new access products.

1. SAS Non-Prod Order (9NEWNP– 19w47) to add Hadoop engine products:

Downloaded Order, copied to SAS Server through FTP, ran the SDW on update mode then added SAS Access to Hadoop additional products successfully.

Issue:

What I did:

11/26/2019- I downloaded 9NEWPD – 19w47  and I copied the depot files using FTP tp SAS Server.

11/27/2019- Started SDW on Meta Server on update mode using new order (9NEWPD), completed successfully.

Issue:

• Started SDW on Compute server to update current order,
  1. Select “English” then Next
  2. Next on “Specify on SAS Home window”
  3. Next on Review Required Updates” window
  4. Next on to “Checking System” window
  5. When I select “Start” on “Deployment Summary” window install products, SDW throughs error saying below install files does not exist.

attached the error snapshots and log

can someone suggest what happening over here with Prod Depot? 

2 REPLIES 2
JackMcGuire
Fluorite | Level 6

Good morning,

It is possible the depot didn't FTP over properly and is missing files. You can check this by running the depot checker utility, the depot checker can be found in the following directory within the SAS Software depot:

<SAS Software Depot>\utilities\depotchecker

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=fndigwin&docsetTarget=n03003sasfoundatwin00install.htm&docse... 

The depot checker will tell you which, if any, files are missing and also if any of the permissions are incorrect.

Many thanks,

Jack

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation