BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MarkNicholas
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello All,

I got a request to make a person as Content Administrator in SAS portal with the reference id of another person who is Content Admin for few groups.

I know how to make a person as Content Admin for a particular group(s) but how to find the list of all groups for which the reference person is Content Admin.

We have too many groups and permissions trees in the system. Please help to advise. Thank you.

Regards

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @MarkNicholas,

that is quite a hard/tricky job, I would advise you to talk to SAS Technical Support about it.

There is a great tool, to check metadata permissions and roles, Metacoda. ( @MichelleHomes@PaulHomes, I summon you). You can peek the took at www.metacoda.com and if you are interested on it, I am sure Michelle and Paul Homes can give you more details.

In short, this tool can create a report of your SAS metadata permissions, groups, and roles memberships. SAS Portal has, additionally to the SAS metadata, an additional set up, not query-able by Metacoda. Perhaps you won't need that additional stuff for your purposes, then the Metacoda tool is enough. if you need the additional info, best way is to contact SAS Tech Support.

MarkNicholas
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you @JuanS_OCS . I shall seek advice from SAS Tech.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Thanks for the mention @JuanS_OCS!

Because this is a question I have been asked before and I thought it would be useful for Metacoda customers too, I wrote up a quick blog post on the topic: Metacoda Plug-ins Tip: User’s Group Content Admin Permissions (Identity Permissions Explorer).

MetacodaIdentityPermissionsExplorerUserGroupContentAdminTrees.png

The Identity Permissions Explorer is one of the Metacoda Plug-ins that Juan mentioned. It is used to find out what objects a user has access to and what level of access they have on those objects. This can, of course, also be used on portal permission trees. By finding the portal permissions tree where a user has +WM we can see which ones they are group content admin for.

This particular solution involves a commercial product but, if you are interested in trying it out, you can register for a free 30 day evaluation to use in your own environment. If it's a one-off question then you can use the evaluation to answer it. If it's an ongoing requirement then we hope you'll find this and the other plug-ins useful enough to warrant looking into licensing options.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Because this is a question I have been asked before

@PaulHomes I was one that asked, for sure 🙂 Thanks for chiming in!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 in conversation