BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lvp1991
Fluorite | Level 6

I worked in SAS Brazil in the last year until June/20.

I had the privilege for work with SAS Platform on several customers. I'm linux system administrator since 8 years ago.

I would like to get the SAS Platform Admin Certification. The exams are based on hands on labs or multiple choices?

Best Regards.

7 REPLIES 7
zdoktorov
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi ,

as far i know the exam is based on multiple choice questions.

Regards

lvp1991
Fluorite | Level 6
Have you this certification?

Best Regards
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
It is multiple-choice:

https://www.sas.com/en_us/certification/credentials/administration/platform-administrator.html
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
lvp1991
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks!!
I think that's more easily than Red Hat certifications.

Best Regards.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @lvp1991 

Yes, SAS 9.4 platform admin certification is multiple choice questions format. You can check the exam content guide here: https://www.sas.com/en_sg/certification/exam-content-guides/platform-administration.html

Exam tests you on different tasks required to successfully manage a SAS platform. Since you have already worked on SAS platform, I think you should be able to do well. I have also taken RHCE in the past and it is quite intensive and hands-on. I don't think it's apt to compare it with SAS platform exam.

SAS was offering one month free subscription for their training resources recently. I am not sure if they are still doing it, but you should use this opportunity to take a course to help you prepare for this certification. Check the link here (You will need a SAS profile to register). SAS platform admin guides should also help you in preparation.

Good luck for the exam! 

lvp1991
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @Anand_V !!

Thanks for the tips!! 

I'm RHCSA certified but I also believe that SAS admin certification is much easier compared with Red Hat certifications.

Best Regards.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

HI @lvp1991 

Yes, Depending on individual's real time experience with SAS platform it could be easy.

If you have any other questions related to certification, feel free to ask.

Good Luck!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation