BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi All,

I installed SAS 9.4M4 on a Windows PC, and when running the SAS Operational QualificationTool I get a popup error:

The program can't start because mfc100.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

From http://support.sas.com/kb/60/148.html , it looks like it's relating to the goptions device=actximg section of SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\sastest\graph\test\testgr.sas

Unfortunately, the TS note doesn't suggest a solution for the OQ tool, other than changing to goptions device=png, which of course wouldn't test activex.

My first thought is to just comment out this section of the testscript, and add an explanation with a link to the TS note.  So that I can get a passing OQ report.

%if &sysscp=WIN or &sysscp=DNTHOST %then %do;

/* ************************************************ */
  /* verify actximg -- gplot                          */
  /*              run on WIN boxes only               */
  /* ************************************************ */

title  'Verify ACTXIMG';
   goptions device=actximg;

footnote h=1 j=r 'actximg_gplot';
   proc sort data=sashelp.class out=class;
       by weight;
       where sex='M';
       run;
   symbol height=2 value=dot interpol=join;
   proc gplot data=class;
      plot height*weight / name='aigplot';
      run; quit;
     %if &syserr ne 0 %then %do;
        %put ERROR: There is a problem with ACTXIMG GPLOT;
        %let instrc=1;
     %end;
   symbol;
%end;

Of course I shouldn't be mucking with the OQ script provided by SAS.  My other thought was just to accept the failing OQ report, and attach the TS Note explaining that SAS knows it can fail in 9.4M4. I would be okay with this if the report said that ACTXIMG failed (because I don't care about that).  But instead, the report says that testgr failed, which I don't like.  testgr.sas tests several devices other than ACTXIMG, so I'd like to be able to document that other other devices passed.

Just wondering if anyone has come up with a nicer solution than commenting out this section of the script.

Thanks,

-Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mike Sale presenting Data Warehousing with SAS April 10 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Quentin,

nice question. Have you already tried to install the hotfix that is on the hotfix tab? That should solve all your troubles.

Indeed, hacking into the code provided by SAS is normally not the way to go, as you mentioned.

I rather prefer to explain something in a report than to hack into standard codes. Simply because if someone else will run the codes won't know why they get the error and you don't.

Let us know!

Kind regards,

Juan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Quentin,

nice question. Have you already tried to install the hotfix that is on the hotfix tab? That should solve all your troubles.

Indeed, hacking into the code provided by SAS is normally not the way to go, as you mentioned.

I rather prefer to explain something in a report than to hack into standard codes. Simply because if someone else will run the codes won't know why they get the error and you don't.

Let us know!

Kind regards,

Juan

Quentin
Super User

Thanks @JuanS_OCS.  Somehow I managed to miss the point that there is a hot fix available for 9.4M4.  Will give it a shot.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mike Sale presenting Data Warehousing with SAS April 10 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Oh it happens to me every now and then. But they say that 2 pair of eyes see more than 2 😉

Let us know how it goes!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation