BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
OS2Rules
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All:

We are planning to:

1) Upgrade from 9.1 to 9.3,

2) Upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit

3) Upgrade from a teeny tiny server to a great big server

All at the same time (it is a "management decision").

We currently run 9.3 on one of our development boxes and have found (and resolved) a few minor problems.  I would like to try

to avoid any major problems with this conversion, if possible.  We have a boat load of production jobs that currently run in our

9.1 environment - what would be the "best practice" for testing?

Does anyone have any notes / comments / experiences that they would like to share?  I would appreciate anything that would

make my life easier.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

About the migration itself, there are lots of information on support.sas.com.

Apart from that - new server sounds great. Just run your jobs (and applications) in paralel and compare the results...

Data never sleeps
OS2Rules
Obsidian | Level 7

LinusH:

New server might be fun.

We have run a number of our jobs using 9.3 on our current server.  Since we create a lot of formatted Excel spreadsheets and HTML documents, I've noticed that the "cosmetics" of the results change so we just can't "eyeball" the reports to insure they are the same.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Check out Chris H's comments on 64 bit SAS:  The top gotchas when moving to 64-bit SAS for Windows - The SAS Dummy

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation