BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
slew
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, one of my users is having a problem with the MS Office Add-in in Excel.

Every time she opens Excel, the SAS Addin tab doesn't appear in the menu until she enables the add-in.  After enabling, the SAS tab appears in the menu normally and she is able to use it.  But she closes Excel and opens it again, the add-in is not enabled.

Needless to say, having to re-enable the Addin each time she opens Excel gets annoying after awhile.  I thought Excel was crashing on her, causing the Add-in to become inactive, but she has not had any problems with Excel, and I confirmed that the SAS Addin doesn't stay enabled on her computer.  She is the only one who is having this issue.

We are running Office 2013 and SAS MS Office Addin Version 6.1.  

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to resolve it?

Thank you.

Lew 

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi Lew,

I found this problem a couple of times before.

Is the client installation of Office 2013 done on a virtualized environment, such as Citrix, AppV or ThinApp?

This is an issue that might happen or on the user's windows profile or the virtualized windows profile.

You can always try to recover/fix the windows profile of your user.

slew
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you for the response. As far as I know, the installation wasn't done in a virtualized environment, although our servers are virtual.

I thought about recreating the profile, but I don't know what the ramifications are in doing this. We have a separate department that performs all the client installs, so I'm kind of limited as to what I can do on the desktops, but I'll reach out to other groups to see if they've come across any issues like this.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation