BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8

I started he deployment with Metadata Server, I successfully finished installation and started the configuration, it wont let me select the configuration directory under deployement directory, see attached screen... by the way I uninstalled previously installed version on the servers, and started the fresh deployement 

5 REPLIES 5
vrkgali
Fluorite | Level 6

Simple Question:

Do you have write permission on that directory.?

Try browsing to that directory and create a file there as the user you are installing and confirm.

Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8
BARCLAYS CLASSIFICATION: Internal Only

Yes I am installing with the userid "sas" and it is the owner
/sas/SAS94MQ/config> ls -ll
total 0
/sas/SAS94MQ/config> touch test.txt
/sas/SAS94MQ/config> ls -ll
total 0
-rw-r--r-- 1 sas app_psas 0 Aug 10 09:48 test.txt
dpage
SAS Employee
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bisag/68240/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0v5rampodzajbn1w825...

" The installer must have Write permission to this path. Do not specify a path that is within the SAS installation directory (for example, SASHome)."

is /sas/SAS94MQ your SASHome directory?
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8
BARCLAYS CLASSIFICATION: Internal Only

/sas/SAS94MQ/SAS_94 is my home directory
/sas/SAS94MQ/config is my config directory
And sas is the installer id, it has write permissions to all of the above
dpage
SAS Employee

It's not a permissions problem. 

That's the error message I get if I try to locate the config under an already existing SASHome - do you know if it was one previously (but maybe no longer)? 

The sdwpreferences.txt documented here: http://support.sas.com/kb/49/799.html

Will contain a list of the previous paths - if it's no longer used you should be able to remove it, and install there now - but a restart of the SAS Deployment Wizard may be required. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation