BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RAmarapuram
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Team

I facing an issue with respect to backup of  Metadata Server.

We are using SAS Management Console to backup the metadata server everyday. However, we have schedule a WHOLE backup  for every Sunday. However, in the last 2 weeks the entire backup isn't working. We have 3 servers (Metadata/Compute/Mid-Tier) servers.

I am not sure why it has stopped working all of a sudden. I have checked the logs and couldn't get much info from it.

The everyday back is running fine, but the weekly backup isn't running.

Could you please suggest as to what might be going wrong here ?

Thanks in advance.

Raj

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

I would investigate to find something that changed two weeks ago. Such as a new job running or modification to one that could be interfering? Is the whole back up on Sunday an IT run job? They may have changed settings.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi Raj,

I think it would be wise to define (WHOLE backup) first.

I guess you mean the backup with the new Backup and Recovery tool, coming in SAS 9.4, but I am not sure.

By the way, did you check that your "complete" backup (Backup and Recovery, or your customized backup) and the standalone metadata backup (SMC) are scheduled for the same time, the weekly one?

By default, the standalone metadata backup is scheduled for every day at 1:00. The complete backup (with the Backup and Recovery Utility) is scheduled by default for Sundays at 1:00. Any chance that both are running at the same time, therefore, files + metadata are locked for one of them?

PS. I am pretty sure the logs can say something good, maybe you need to look for additional log files.

Regards,

Juan

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation