BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pgr
Calcite | Level 5 pgr
Calcite | Level 5

Recently I've installed SAS 9.4 on Linux machine used as server. I also use SAS on client machine via Enterprise Guide (Windows 7).

Client

1. Create connection profile, IP of my server, user sasadm@saspw and password

2. Connection successful:

1sas.png

3. From list I choose SASApp server, again ask me for login, I type also sasadm@saspw

4. I encounter following errors:

a)

--------------------------------------------------------

Connection failed

------------------------------ Technical Information Follows ------------------------------

SAS.EG.SDS.Metadata.MetadataException: Connection failed ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004274C): Could not establish a connection to the SAS server on the requested machine.  Verify that the SAS server has been started with the -objectserver option or that the SAS spawner has been started.  Verify that the port Combridge is attempting to connect to is the same as the port SAS (or the spawner) is listening on.

at SASObjectManager.ObjectFactoryMulti2Class.CreateObjectByServer(String Name, Boolean synchronous, ServerDef pIServerDef, String LoginName, String Password)

at SAS.EG.SDS.Metadata.OMSProvider.Connect()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at SAS.EG.SDS.Metadata.OMSProvider.Connect()

at SAS.EG.SDS.Metadata.MetadataManagerV2.SAS.EG.SDS.Metadata.IMetadataConfiguration.set_ActiveProvider(Provider value)

at SAS.EG.SDS.Dialogs.ProviderConnectDlg.Connect(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

------------------------------ End of Technical Information ------------------------------

b)

------------------------------ Technical Information Follows ------------------------------

SAS.EG.SDS.SDSException: Connection retry attempted with previously failed login ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Connection retry attempted with previously failed login

at SAS.EG.SDS.Model.Server.Connect(ConnectionInfo connInfo)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at SAS.EG.SDS.Model.Server.Connect(ConnectionInfo connInfo)

at SAS.EG.SDS.Model.Server.SASWorkspace()

at SAS.EG.SDS.Views.View.DoPopulate(DisplayOperation& op)

------------------------------ End of Technical Information ------------------------------
Server:

1. In SAS Managment Console I choose Server Manager -> SasApp -> SASApp - Logical Workspace Server -> Validate/Test Connection
2. I see the following error:

[18.03.14 14:46] INFO: Starting extended validation for Workspace server (level 1) - Making a connection

[18.03.14 14:47] SEVERE: Insufficient information provided for a connection to the metadata server.

[18.03.14 14:47] SEVERE: No host credentials exist to start server SASApp - Workspace Server (A5ODDM6T.AY000006).   Either the client needs to send in host credentials, or credentials need to be specified for the server.

[18.03.14 14:47] SEVERE: The application could not log on to the server "192.168.1.7:8591". The user ID "sasadm@saspw" or the password is incorrect.

[18.03.14 14:47] SEVERE: The user "SAS Administrator" could not log on to the server "SASApp - Logical Workspace Server".

But the login and password are entered correctly.

What can be the problem? Did i miss something in documentation? Settings of client and server are pretty default, just after install.

I will be very thankful for any tips or recommendations.

Paw

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pgr
Calcite | Level 5 pgr
Calcite | Level 5

OK my bad, I was validating through wrong user it had to be SAS Spawned Servers User, everything works now

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
pgr
Calcite | Level 5 pgr
Calcite | Level 5

OK my bad, I was validating through wrong user it had to be SAS Spawned Servers User, everything works now

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation