BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
helannivas88
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi ,

I'm getting an error in SMC library while trying to display the libname statement. Its prompting for a username & password. Its a DB2 library.

Below steps I have followed

1) Logged in using unrestricted user (Sasadm@saspw)

2) created a new DB2 server under server manager and provided all the  details with the new authdomain(Eg: DB2Auth)

3) created a new DB2 library with the same server detail and provided default login as none.

4) I have added the username and password for that authdomain in the sas group where I belongs to.

When I logged on with my credentials and try to display libname for that library , its prompt for the username/password.

I assume it should automatically consider the credentials from the group where I belongs for that authdomain. 

Library is stored in the folder where i have full privileges, but in SMC the library shows as read only mode(for me) . I dont know where I'm lagging permission.

Please guide me. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Under connection details instead of default login as none you should click on more logins and search for the user id that you have defined under DB2 Auth and select it. After that when ever you make a connection to this library and you are part of the SMC group where this ID is defined you should be able to connect it with out being asked for ID/Pass.

helannivas88
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks.

But that authdomain has been defined in multiple sas groups with different username/password. If I explicitly select one user id under multiple user id, hope it will work for me but it will cause problem for the others who are not part of my group. 

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

That is right! Usually I have had such scenarios where every user had their own DB ID so by adding the user and the auth under the user identity it should work. Usually it works for group as well, not sure why it's prompting for credentials. Did you try to clear the credential cache and see?

helannivas88
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes..tried...But no luck

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @helannivas88 ,

by any chance is your user having the Metadata unrestricted role, either directly or indirectly by any group?

You shouldn't.

helannivas88
Obsidian | Level 7

No. I'm not part of unrestricted account.Even when I logged in SMC using sasadm@saspw and displayed the libname, its prompting for a password.

With my user, the library is in read only mode.But the library setting seems I have read/write/ all privileges.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

OK let us keep it simple.

a) remove metadata from the equation:

Does the library works OK when you define it via code in SAS EG, DI, Studio or Foundation?

b) When above works, it means your authentication domain is incorrectly set up. Look at the database server connection definition where the Auth Domain is, look at the Usergroup where the auth domain is set up and ensure the user and password is correct, and check again the library and the authentication method. Please, do not use the DefaultAuth authentication domain.

c) When step #a does not work, you should work with your DBA. Before that, perhaps you could debug a little bit the connection, with the SASTRACE option

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=acreldb&docsetTarget=n0732u1mr57ycrn1urf24gzo38sc.htm&docset...

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation