BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
c44rl
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

how to apply sorted list of servers (Batch Server field) during deploying batch run program? The list which is available is not sorted, i.e.:

This is not a problem if you have couple servers, but if number of server is let's say more then 50 then its difficult to choose the proper one. Is it some function in SAS Mamangement Console which will sort server list?

Regards,

c44rl

3 REPLIES 3
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Every batch-server is part of some Appserver context. Every appserver context should be a well define isolated set of data for a specific user-group.

It make no sense to apply some application code as being run on all batch servers as it belongs to one application. This is the design of an appserver (bisecag).

There must be an other issue why you are asking this.  What is your issue?   

---->-- ja karman --<-----
c44rl
Fluorite | Level 6

Well, I am not an SAS Admin expert, I am only programmer. I use SAS MC to deploy job. When I click on 'Batch Sever' field list then I have number of servers. It is a problem, because I assume that is more then 100. The list is not sorted by number, so I need to scroll down the list and find proper server name to choose.The issue is that is annoying Smiley Happy.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

C44rl,  I got lost. You have a big list of batch servers you choose a batch server of that list.

Logically it would be just one script (batch server) serving all those (to be deployed) jobs to run.

I seems someone was thinking every program should have his own batchserver    

Scheduling in SAS(R) 9.4 (batch server)  SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Installation and Configuration Guide (batch server)

Do you have a platform admin or are you doing this as nobody else is there for this job?

Is what you are doing not his but something different?

There are some batch options like:

SAS(R) Data Integration Studio 4.5: User's Guide (batch deploy using DI)

SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: System Administration Guide, Third Edition (metadata administration more platform admin task)

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation