BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Linda_V
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I'm new to SAS Management Console and learning to be a backup to someone.  What is the difference between the group icons with and without the key?

Thanks.

Linda

8 REPLIES 8
Linda_V
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you so much.  Makes sense.  So now, I have another question. 

We recently went live with SAS Model Risk Manager.  In SMC I see multiple roles & groups assinged but in Model Risk Manager they might only have one.  One particular user I am researching has 2 Roles and 2 Groups in SMC but in MRM they only have one Role assigned.  Where would I see which ones are being used in just the MRM environment?

Thanks,

Linda

dpage
SAS Employee
I don't quite follow the question, are you describing multiple deployments (you use 2 sessions of SAS Management Console), or are you asking to see a users roles/groups solely as they related to MRM? or... something else?
Linda_V
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, thank you.

I would like to see a users roles/groups as they are related to MRM.  (Eventually write a report that will pull this information.)  using SAS code, I was able to get the SMC metadata into a report that I exported to excel.  But the Roles/Groups did not match what we saw in MRM.  If I could do the same thing, but that matches the Roles assigned in MRM, that would be awesome.

Thank you.

Linda

dpage
SAS Employee
Do you have some sample output / code and what doesn't match? Is it that users have effective permissions like they're in a role, but you don't see them in that role directly? There is inheritance in play here, a group they belong to could be in the role, or yet another group that is in the role so you won't see it directly as a user membership, but it is transitively there.
Linda_V
Obsidian | Level 7
Hummmm, I'll do some investigation and get back to you. I will see if the MRM Admin might have some hints for me. Thank you for your speedy response. Linda
dpage
SAS Employee

Okay, good luck. One other wrinkle is capabilities - that's what actually determines privileges in an Application, roles are the containers of capabilities, but there's nothing to prevent establishing custom roles and capabilities, using those in lieu of the stock MRM roles. 

Linda_V
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I found out that the information I am looking for is on the Master Position File.  Once I find the location of that document, I can use that as an input to my program and merge it with the User data on the LASR tables.  That will get us what we need.

Thanks.

Linda

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation