BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
nagaraj1991
Obsidian | Level 7

We are installing appdynamics app in sas mid server to monitor ecm .We need to add *.jar file name into sas  java start up file .Any one please let me know the location OF JAVA START FILE  in sas server .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
boemskats
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

This file should exist for each of your JVM instances(SASServer1_1, 2_1, 12_1, etc):

config/Lev1/Web/WebAppServer/SASServerX_X/bin/setenv.sh

In there, you will find the following line:

CLASSPATH="$CATALINA_BASE/lib/log4j.jar:$CATALINA_BASE/lib:$CATALINA_BASE/conf:$JRE_HOME/../lib/tools.jar

Append the path to your .jar file to this classpath so that it looks like this:

CLASSPATH="$CATALINA_BASE/lib/log4j.jar:$CATALINA_BASE/lib:$CATALINA_BASE/conf:$JRE_HOME/../lib/tools.jar:/wherever/your/jar/file/is.jar"

I'm not sure how supported this is, but it should help you assuming you're trying to implement Object Instance Tracking for Java. Also, if you're having capacity or stability issues with ECM, I doubt AppDynamics will give you enough info to do anything useful. For monitoring the actual workload I would recommend you have a look at our workload monitoring product, ESM.

Nik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @nagaraj1991,

first: why would you need to modify a SAS installation, to integrate it with another tool (monitoring tool)? Montoring can be done with java JMX.

Second: carefull with modification to SAS configuration, you might lose support from SAS Technical Support, for unsupported configurations. If it is a production system, you don't want to risk level A support for an expensive application.

Third: give a look intro the wrapper or sent_env files in /conf or /bin. All of those are Java parameters, sure you can add new jars to it.

boemskats
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

This file should exist for each of your JVM instances(SASServer1_1, 2_1, 12_1, etc):

config/Lev1/Web/WebAppServer/SASServerX_X/bin/setenv.sh

In there, you will find the following line:

CLASSPATH="$CATALINA_BASE/lib/log4j.jar:$CATALINA_BASE/lib:$CATALINA_BASE/conf:$JRE_HOME/../lib/tools.jar

Append the path to your .jar file to this classpath so that it looks like this:

CLASSPATH="$CATALINA_BASE/lib/log4j.jar:$CATALINA_BASE/lib:$CATALINA_BASE/conf:$JRE_HOME/../lib/tools.jar:/wherever/your/jar/file/is.jar"

I'm not sure how supported this is, but it should help you assuming you're trying to implement Object Instance Tracking for Java. Also, if you're having capacity or stability issues with ECM, I doubt AppDynamics will give you enough info to do anything useful. For monitoring the actual workload I would recommend you have a look at our workload monitoring product, ESM.

Nik

nagaraj1991
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation